1. Administrate the VCX Test
VCX-Forum e.V. offers the results and reports of the published tests to members and interested third parties for a price mentioned below.
Q. Which devices get tested?
- VCX-Forum e.V. aims to test all devices that are relevant.
Q. Publishing official results
- The final result is posted on the website and the requester will receive the report and images with detailed information.
Q. Testing of prototypes and pre-production samples
- The testing of prototypes, preproduction samples and other devices is not in the purview of VCXForum e.V. These devices can be tested by VCX approved labs. Approved labs are listed on the VCX website.
* This code only provides a framework. Details on the official VCX testing are provided in the Sponsors handbook.
|Partial Test||Price is directely negotiated with the VFTL / VFCL|
2. Publish the VCX standard and score
VCX-Forum e.V. is in charge of the official VCX test of cameras in mobile devices and the publication of the results. It aims at comparing objective aspects such as image quality, performance and response of mobile phone cameras, and on the other hand, it has the mission of educating consumers on how to select the phone with the best camera make the best use of it.
3. VCX Forum Membership
VCX-Forum is a membership system, mainly funded by an annual membership fee from the VCX-members, which are mostly mobile manufacturers and chipset vendors. All the members contribute equally to the financing.
Membership fees are only used for the purposes of:
- Independent VCX Measurements of mobile devices by trusted labs for publication on the website
- Setting up and maintaining the VCX system
- Organizing activities like e.g. measurements, conferences, lab certification, development of VCX tests in the future, running the secretariat and other member-related activities
- Marketing VCX and VCX-Forum activities e.g Website
|Regular individual member (consultants, journalists etc.)||5.000,00 €|
|Regular corporate member for corporations with turnover up to 5 Million €||5.000,00 €|
|Regular corporate member for corporations with turnover above 5 Million €||10.000,00 €|
|Supporting member (minimum fee)||10.000,00 €|
|Supporting members from academia (Universities, Colleges etc.) and non profit||free of charge|
* If the member is an individual consultant not working for just a single customer or somebody who runs his own business, the regular individual member fees apply.